Thursday 6 August 2015

Book Review: We'll Always Have Summer (Summer, #3) by Jenny Han.*SPOILER REVIEW*

We'll Always Have Summer (Summer #3) by  

Published: April 26th 2011 by Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 
Genres: Contemporary.
Buy on Amazon , Goodreads.
It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.

  Wow, what a  series, despite being one of the most predictable book I have ever read my whole life , I love it.The third and last book to this summer series, portrays a older belly ,even though she still had her childish moments. The kids are in collage , and for Belly and Jeremiah love is a young and beautiful thing. So much so that they decide to make some rash decision making.I mean , Jeremiah asks for belly to marry him, after she finds out that he cheated on her. Doesn't make sense right??


This plot was more like a excuse to bring the whole family together, and show Belly that Conrad is better that Jeremiah. Which , is very apparent through out the book. Everything Conrad would do Belly would just compare him to Jere.

So  of course most of the family is hesitant about this rush marriage among the Belly and Jere, especially her mother. But of course Belly was negligent against this issues surrounding their relationship. The wedding is decided to be that summer , which is quite outrageous to me. One thing that bothered me was Jeremiah, he was so different in this book than the last two. He wasn't sweet and caring but a rude , obnoxious collage boy. I have no idea why, but through out the book , Jeremiah was portrayed as a horrible person compared to the angel Conrad. Which is sad , Jenny Han did that because Jeremiah was such a strong character in the beginning of the series. 

This book held a duo pov which you get to see from Conrad point of view , and it was great.A few lines in the book were cringe worthy , like when he heard about the engagement , he was all mad and saying how Jeremiah couldn't steal his girl. Excuse me , YOUR GIRL.

Anyways the book was centered around this wedding and Belly once again is met with her desires of being with Conrad, and noticing Jeremiah many flaws.In my head as I flipped through the pages , i was wondering when belly was going to call it off. I mean she wouldn't wait til the wedding day right?

Nope,she waits till the last second.I may say one of the few moments I did feel for Jeremiah is when he received a letter from his late mother, upon reading it he realized, he received the wrong one , the letter for Conrad, stating that she always knew he would end up with belly.

OUCH.....

On his wedding day , about to marry belly , he reads a letter saying that his mother always knew belly and Conrad were soulmates.That must hurt,real bad.


The end of the book was cute , I mean one thing I do wish is that we saw Conrad and Belly relationship flourish with the book.



 Honestly this series was quite a ride.In the first book I quickly grew fond of belly and the cousins house. The whole group of characters were unique and memorable.The setting of the summer house held magic aurora,filled with joyous summer days I craved to have.This last enstallment reminded me of what I loved about the summer house and the importentence it held to the story and unifying the characters during strife.Even though I was angry at the decision characters would make , it was because I cared for them, something really hard to achieve , which I give Jenny Han a thumbs up. 
Besides the setting and the characters ,I must admit the plot was a trope and knew the ending since the start.This can be seen a typical ya love story however I found it to be more than that.The characters truly led the book and made the reader invested in their lives . The predictable ending and the writing not being the best is why I took a star off.

But in the end my heart does gush at this series and will be one of my favorite summer reads.

P.S, I am the only when who felt like Steven is still a kid and not 21. I felt no character growth between books 1 and 3. 


P.S.S If you received the edition with the bonus pages , those letters Conrad sent to Belly were one of the best parts of the book.If you have no read them, you can find them here:


I rate it:  3 adorable cats / 5


      Reasoning: The characters were the book , and made the book an amazing experience.I will miss these guy and their lives.However the plot was lacking in these books, and the portrayal of Jeremiah was horrible, the long list of excuse of why Belly and Conrad are not together.Just a load of teen angst that was not needed in this novel!

</span>

No comments:

Post a Comment